Islandlife caught up with new and upcoming ladies clothing boutique, Maybelle, to see what the top fashion looks are for the celebratory season. Based in Douglas, the store is ran by mother and daughter, Agnieszka and Klaudia Bochniak.
Always impressed by the choices of small boutiques in other countries visited, Maybelle takes its influences from these smaller European style boutiques in many back streets.
There are a wide range of exciting pieces, whether it be casual and stylish day wear, chic and comfortable loungewear to formal evening wear, all at affordable prices, maintaining great quality.
Planning the perfect Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve outfit can be tricky but don’t worry, Maybelle are always on hand to help with a personal touch. We have chosen five different looks for the festive season, whether you are lunching or lounging at a dinner party.
1. Our grey faux fur gilet paired with our super soft turtle neck sweater (in fawn), and classic blue jeans from our denim range, accessorised with a smart dual colour Davy Jones shoulder bag. This chic outfit is sure to keep you cosy on those shopping trips or lunch dates with your nearest.
2. This elegant combination consists of a ‘must have’ super smart classic red double breasted blazer matched with black smart trousers with a detailed gold studs trim running down the sides. A smart white shirt with black spots completes the look, ideal for Christmas Day visits or lunch out with friends and family.
3. This gorgeous emerald green sequined gown with elegant shoulder beads is sure to make you feel special and draw looks of envy and admiration as you make your entrance to your Christmas or New Year’s Eve function.
4. As in every winter season, warm jumpers are a must have, so relax into the festive evenings or enjoy your Christmas Day with one of our lovely cosy festive jumpers, perfectly paired with jeans or leather leggings. Ideal for those ski trips also.
5. Christmas or New Year’s Eve parties would not be complete without a bit of sparkle in your outfit or a LBD, that’s why this stunning festive LBD intertwined with gold and black sequins creating an appealing and lavish look is the ideal dress for the occasion.